Top Herbs for Acne Skin Care
I have written so many blog posts on acne and always come up with more great information on how to cure this age old condition. There are so many ways to help fight acne, these herbs are just another option to add to your regime to help support and build a health immune system and clear skin.
- Alternatives such as clover and nettle, to cleanse and detoxify generally
- Anti-allergics like yarrow, Roman or German camomile, or marigold to reduce itching, redness , and heat resulting from nettlerash, prickly heat, or minor skin allergies.
- Anti-inflammatories such as camomile and comfrey, to soothe soreness. Also- a bit of ice wrapped in a paper towel placed on the acne to help reduce swelling and increase blood flow to the area never hurt.
- Antimicrobials such as thyme and echinacea to fight infection.
- Cytophylactics such as lavender and myrtle for healthy skin growth.
- Diuretics such as yarrow and nettle, to help elimination of waste products via the kidneys.
- Hormone balancers such as fennel, agnus, castus, or clary sage to balance hormonal fluctuations leading to skin blemishes.
- Sedatives such as lemon balm and sweet marjoram, to ease stress.
- Vulneraries such as horsetail and oat, to promote wound healing.
Here is a link to some other awesome acne articles I have written that may help:
Easy Related Posts
Get rid of Cold Sores Naturally
Cold Sores painful, annoying and downright lame when they pop up. A virus herpes simplex, ...read more
Natural Treatments for Nosebleeds in Children
Children get nosebleeds from time to time. Dry air, allergies or colds can be common ...read more
Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Asthma Naturally
Inflammation and oversensitivity of airways causes wheezing, coughing and a tight chest. possible triggers include ...read more
8 Aromatherapy Guidelines and Dilutions for Children
If you are using aromatherapy on children, there are some guidelines and safety precautions when ...read more