How To Use Homeopathy for Treating Appendicitis
The appendix is 1-8 in. (2-20cm) long, about as thick as a pencil, and hollow. It consists mostly of lymphiod tissue, like the tonsils and adenoids, and is easily invaded by micro-organisms. One out of every 15 people develops appendicitis, the inflammation of an infected appendix. This is a medical emergency that usually requires the surgical removal of the appendix. For many years the appendix was regarded as a vestigial organ with no function in the human body, but is now thought to be one of the sites where immune responses are initiated. Appendicitis is particularly common in adolescents and young adults.
Homeopathy for the Treatment of Appendicitis
Urgent medical treatment will be required, but the following remedies can be offered, every 15 minutes, while waiting for help:
- Lachesis, for cutting, tearing pains, a distended abdomen and irritability.
- Bryonia, for intense pain over the appendix area.
- Belladonna, for pain that is made worse by movement, accompanied by a red, flushed face.
- Arnica, to prevent bruising and encourage healing.
- Phosphorus, to relieve nausea caused bu the effects of the anesthetic.