Acid and Alkaline Foods
Acid and Alkaline Foods
Folks, read up! Its time to get your body in balance and get your pH levels squared up and ready to party! So many of us eat foods that are so acid we are developing diseases and disorders. Let's wake up and change our way of eating! Start here with some basics on foods and where they rank in the scale of acidic and alkaline!
Top Alkaline Foods!
- Alkaline water
- Almonds. brazil nuts, sesame seeds, and flaxseeds
- Cold-pressed oils such as hemp, flax, and borage seed
- Moderate amounts of grains such as quinoa, wild rice, millet, amaranth, buckwheat. Exceptions: wheat, oats, and brown rice are mildly acidic.
- Grasses, especially superpowered nutrient-packed wheatgrass.
- Green drinks
- Green veggies-all kinds, but especially leafy green veggies such as kale, spinach, lettuces, collards, mustard greens, turnip greens, cabbage, and endive.
- Lemons, limes, and grapefruits-although these fruits are acidic, they actually have an alkalizing affect in your body.
- Lentils and other beans-in general, all legumes (beans and peas) are alkalizing.
- Oil-cured olives.
- Raw tomatoes- but cooked tomatoes are acidic
- Root veggies, such as sweet potatoes, potatoes, turnips, jicama, daikon, and burdock.
- Stevia (a sweetener).
Top Acidic Foods!
- Animal protein: red meat, poultry, fish, eggs, milk, cheese, dairy products (these products are highly acidic).
- Chemicals, drugs, cigaretts, heavy metals, pesticides, preservatives.
- Coffee (even decaf), black tea.
- Heavily processed foods, no matter what they are made of.
- Honey, corn syrup, brown sugar, fructose.
- Ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard (use sparingly).
- Some legumes like chickpeas, black beans, and soybeans are slightly acidic but are valuable staples of a healthy diet.
- Processed soy products tend to fall in the acidic side- enjoy them in moderation.
- Processed oils such as margarine, fake fats, trans fats, and refined vegetables oil.
- Refined grains, wheat, and oats: White bread, pasta, and rice are highly acidic.
- Soda, energy drinks, sport drinks.
- Table salt (sea salt and kosher salt are better choices in moderation).
- All salted and roasted nuts.
- White sugar and sugar substitutes.
- Yeast and vinegar (with the exception of raw cider vinegar).
- Soy sauce (use aparingly and choose low-sodium tamari or gluten free nama shoyu).
Easy Related Posts
Get rid of Cold Sores Naturally
Cold Sores painful, annoying and downright lame when they pop up. A virus herpes simplex, ...read more
Natural Treatments for Nosebleeds in Children
Children get nosebleeds from time to time. Dry air, allergies or colds can be common ...read more
Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Asthma Naturally
Inflammation and oversensitivity of airways causes wheezing, coughing and a tight chest. possible triggers include ...read more
Hangover Facts – Natural Remedies for Hangovers
Hangovers - we have all had them and they affect people in so many different ...read more