Eight Ways To Eat More Veggies
1. When you make a sandwich or burger, load up on the veggies. Sliced tomatoes, shredded cabbage, peppers, cucumbers, onions, and dark greens are all perfect toppers.
2. Top homemade pizza with zucchini or squash slices, fresh spinach, mushrooms, onions, peppers, broccoli florets, shredded carrots, and fresh tomato slices.
3. Add extra fresh or frozen veggies to your favorite pasta sauce, chili, lasagna, casserole or stew.
4. Enjoy a bowl of minestrone or vegetable soup. In the summer, make gazpacho or cold cucumber soup.
5. Supplement take – out or frozen dinners with extra vegetables. When eating out, order extra vegetables as a side dish or a side salad or grilled vegetables as an appetizer.
6. Cut favorite vegetables into snack-size pieces. Store then in clear plastic containers and make sure they are the first thing you see when you open the fridge.
7. For convenience, shop for cut-up, cleaned, and ready – to-eat fresh vegetables.
8. For best value and top nutrition, buy in season. Get to know the produce manager at the store. He can tell you which is freshest and what to look for when choosing specific vegetables.
Easy Related Posts
Zinc for Acne Skin
Think ZINC. People with acne tend to have lower than normal zinc levels. Zinc supplements ...read more
Raw Food Diet Benefits
Potential health benefits of a raw food diet consists of some daily habits and commitments. ...read more
Review Undenatured Whey Protein | Isagenix
Understanding Whey Protein and why Undenatured is BEST! Unfortunately the supplement industry has somehow brainwashed consumers ...read more
Fruits and Vegetables and Their Seasons
This is a great chart for fruits and vegetables and when they are in season! ...read more