Health Benefits of Mustard
Black and white mustards are used for culinary and medicinal purposes. The leaves, flowers, seeds, and oils of the black mustard are used, while in the the seeds of the white mustard are useful. Black mustard powder is an important herbal remedy because it draws blood to the surface of the skin quickly, which means that it is "rubefacient," and warming. Mustard oil is sued as an ingredient in liniments, stomach stimulants , and emetics.
- Rich in calcium and iron
- Mustard helps to restore bacterial balance in the intestines
- Mustard greens are rich in vitamin A, iron, and zinc
- White mustard relieves pain, and is a diuretic and an antibiotic
- Mustard flour is an antiseptic and chilblains
- An excellent expectorant
- A powerful emetic
- Black mustard and white mustard are warming and can be used to draw infection or congestion away from its source for nasal congestion, or for relief of an abscess
- Rubefacient qualities help respiratory and circulatory disorders, including heart problems
- Taken internally, mustard encourages the circulation, eases stomach and liver problems, and is able to stimulate the heart.
- Eat fresh mustard leaves when convalescing – they are nutritious and will help to encourage healing.
- A mustard foot bath ( 1 teaspoon of mustard powder added to a bowl of hot water) is a traditional remedy for colds, circulatory problems, and headaches.
- A mustard poultice on the chest relieves infection and congestion.
- Mustard essential oil can be used externally for neuralgia; massage a little oil gently into the affected area a few times a day.
- Poultice of mustard seeds or mustard essential oil is helpful when applied to areas of the body troubles by pain from rheumatism, sciatica, and lumbago.
Mustard seeds can burn the skin, use carefully
Avoid contact with mucous membranes, and with sensitive skin
Easy Related Posts
Yoga for Back Pain
There are a number of natural remedies available to treat lower back pain. The therapeutic ...read more
5 Natural Ways to Remove Age Spots
These natural remedies for removing age spots work really well for most people. The best ...read more
Get rid of Cold Sores Naturally
Cold Sores painful, annoying and downright lame when they pop up. A virus herpes simplex, ...read more
Natural Treatments for Nosebleeds in Children
Children get nosebleeds from time to time. Dry air, allergies or colds can be common ...read more