7 Ways to Prevent Chapped Lips Naturally
It’s one of the few flaws in our almost perfect human design: our lips, always exposed to sun, wind and other irritants, do not have oil glands to create the barrier of protection and lubrication. The lips do not contain melanin which protects our skin from the suns damaging rays. The lips then get chapped, cracked, dry, parched and loose moisture quickly. here are the top 7 ways to prevent lips from becoming a cracked lip mess.
- Apply a balm with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15 before you go out into the sun. Lips need just as much sun protection as the rest of your skin. (If your lips become swollen, itchy and red, you could be having an allergic reaction to a particular lip balm you have used.)
- A dark, creamy lipstick helps protect lips from the sun and keeps moisture in.
- When indoor air is dry, prevent chapped lips by running a humidifier in your bedroom while you sleep. The moisture not only moisturizes the lips, it also helps your lungs.
- Try eating more foods that are rich in vitamin B, such as whole grains, nuts and green vegetables. Lack of B vitamins contributes to chapped lips in some people. Best B vitamin Energy Powder
- Avoid licking your lips. Your saliva may momentarily provide a coating of moisture, but it evaporates quickly, leaving lips drier than before. And the saliva contains digestive enzymes that dry out tissue.
- Stay away from balms that contain phenol or camphor. They’re very strong antiseptics that induce a major lip drought.
- Don’t give a child lip balms with exotic flavors. Kids tend to eat the flavored varieties right off their lips, which further aggravates the chapping.
Easy Related Posts
4 Natural Cures for Stuffy Nose
Its that time of year again, sniff, sniff. A stuffy nose develops when delicate tissue ...read more
Yoga for Back Pain
There are a number of natural remedies available to treat lower back pain. The therapeutic ...read more
Heartburn Relief Naturally
Heartburn is definitely punishment, but it's not always clear why you've been sentenced to this ...read more
Anemia Relief with Traditional Home and Folk Remedies
Anemia is a deficiency of hemoglobin - the chemical that carries oxygen - in the ...read more