Natural Remedies for Acne Scars
Acne scars are one of the most common skin disorders among young people. Acne rears its ugly head mostly between 12-24 years of age and is known to cause a great deal of concern and embarrassment to young people at an age when they are most concerned about their physical appearance. Acne and acne scars are a common chronic skin disorder which can be treated naturally.
Acne is an inflammatory condition of the sebaceous glands and hair follicles appearing largely on the face, neck, chest and shoulders. Acne problem may also result due to hormonal disturbances during puberty.
Acne Scar Symptoms
Acne scars are a result of acne which appear in various forms
Acne appears in various forms and most of them are concerned with sebaceous glands or glands connected with hair follicles.
Acne commonly affects areas on the face such as: forehead, cheeks, chin and temple. The chest and back are equally prone to acne. Acne is characterized by the appearance of:
– Comedones or blackheads – Pimples – Small cysts or scars
Some of the commonly known causes for acne scars are:
- – Improper diet and food habits
- – Chronic constipation
- – Unhygienic living conditions
- – Stress
Different types of foods can accelerate the onset of acne during adolescence. Excessive consumption of certain foods that lead to acne includes:
- – Starch, sugar and fatty foods – Tea, coffee
- – Animal fats
- – Chocolates
- – Alcohol, tobacco etc
Common home remedies for acne scars are:
- – Eating a balanced and health diet devoid of excessive starch, sugar and fatty foods.
- – Hot fomentation to open pores and rinsing the skin with cold water after squeezing waste is an effective remedy.
- – Sun and air baths for the body are beneficial to the skin.
- – Healing packs of grated cucumber, orange peels, lemon peels are effective remedies when applied on affected areas.
- – A teaspoon of coriander juice mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder is also considered an effective remedy to treat acne scars naturally.
- – Intake of garlic as well as rubbing garlic on affected areas can prove beneficial in treating acne scars.
Acne Scars Diet
Maintain a balanced diet plan and avoid certain foods to help treat acne scars
A suggested acne diet plan must include:
- – An all fruit diet comprising three meals a day for a week, followed by raw foods and sprouts three meals a day before resuming an all inclusive balanced meal can improve skin tremendously.
- – It is advisable to avoid tea, coffee, pickles, condiments, fried foods, refined and processed foods, soft drinks, candies, ice cream etc.
- Dairy can cause acne is some people who are lactose intolerant.
Easy Related Posts
Natural Flu Remedies
More properly known as influenza, flu is a viral disease of the upper respiratory tract, ...read more
5 Natural Ways to Remove Age Spots
These natural remedies for removing age spots work really well for most people. The best ...read more
Get rid of Cold Sores Naturally
Cold Sores painful, annoying and downright lame when they pop up. A virus herpes simplex, ...read more
Make Your Own Healing and Cooling Lip Balm and Gloss
This lip treatment is rich, soothing, ultra cooling, and especially good for lips that are ...read more