Healthy Kid Snacks
Here’s food for thought: if you are the parent of a grade-schooler, your child needs more than three meals a day. To thrive, youryoungster also needs at least one healthful snack. Here is our list of healthy quick snacks that kids love.
- Fruit Smoothies
- Whirl low-fat yogurt and fruit in a blender.
- Sweet potato. Top with low-fat cheese and salsa
- Hummus, spread in whole wheat pitas
- Ants On A Log
- Fill celery with peanut butter and sprinkle with raisins.
- Apple and Pear Slices
- Serve with low-fat cheese.
- Whole-Grain Cereal
- Add fruit and low-fat milk or soy.
- Fruit and Cheese Kabobs
- Alternate slices of fruit with low-fat cheese cubes.
- Don’t forget to treat yourself with these healthy snacks too!