7 Tips for Traveling with Kids
There is not one parent out there that I know of that loves screaming, bickering, fighting, tired, anxious kids in the back seat of a car on a road trip! So we have listed some of our favorite tips for traveling with children.
- pack dollar store finds in the glove box and every few hours pull a new trinket or toy out for them to be entertained. Works like a charm
- pack your snacks and drinks in hands reach so when the meltdowns start you are quick to resolve the heated tempers.
- have movie players, play stations, psp's, anything that will allow your child to play a video game, watch a movie or listen to music to help the time pass.
- Find games online that are fun and entertaining for all ages on the road trip.
- Pack pillows and blankets for the car ride so when you child gets tired they can rest their heads and cover up. Sometimes we find our children hide under the covers (buckled up of course) to create "forts".
- Make frequent stops for you children and yourself to stretch and get a little fresh air outside. The quick change in your environment will help you to refocus and everyone gets a new perspective.
- Plan your road trip to only last 6-8 hours max per day. Anything longer can really stir up havoc on little ones. Their tolerance for sitting in a car is a lot shorter than adults.
Easy Related Posts
Get rid of Cold Sores Naturally
Cold Sores painful, annoying and downright lame when they pop up. A virus herpes simplex, ...read more
Natural Treatments for Nosebleeds in Children
Children get nosebleeds from time to time. Dry air, allergies or colds can be common ...read more
Crazy for Coconut Dry Lip Balm
Coconut oil smells luscious, tastes delicious (it's safe to taste and cook with), and is ...read more
Vanilla Honey Dry Lips Recovery Balm
This rich and soothing balm can be used year-round as it doubles as a mild ...read more