Healthy Snack Food Tips Minus GMO’s
Healthy Snack Food Tips Minus GMO's
Many snack foods contain ingredients acquired from the Big Four genetically engineered crops. These ingredients may comprise a large part of the food, like the corn in corn chips, or they may play a more minor role, like the soy lecithin in a cookie. Snack foods, because of their many ingredients, can seem like a minefield of GE products. Fortunately, there are GE-free options.
QUICK HINTS- CONVENTIONAL
- Look for snacks made from wheat, rice, or oats, along with other non-GE ingredients.
- Nuts and seends (such as peanuts and sunflower seeds) and dried fruits (such as raisins) are good GE-free options.
- Watch out for non-organic snacks that contain corn, soy, canola, cottonseed, or any of their dericatives; these tend to be found as oils, sweeteners, and preservatives.
- Snacks labeled "natural" are not necessarily GE-free".
- Buy snack foods labeled or similarly identified as "certified organic", "GMO-free", or "Made with out genetically engineered ingredients".
Easy Related Posts
Get rid of Cold Sores Naturally
Cold Sores painful, annoying and downright lame when they pop up. A virus herpes simplex, ...read more
Natural Treatments for Nosebleeds in Children
Children get nosebleeds from time to time. Dry air, allergies or colds can be common ...read more
Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Asthma Naturally
Inflammation and oversensitivity of airways causes wheezing, coughing and a tight chest. possible triggers include ...read more
Hangover Facts – Natural Remedies for Hangovers
Hangovers - we have all had them and they affect people in so many different ...read more