Natural Relief for Ulcers
To prevent ulcers or help existing ulcers heal, try the following:
- Don't smoke. Smoking may interfere with the protective function of your stomach lining, making it more susceptible to the development of an ulcer. Smoking also increase stomach acid.
- Limit or avoid alcohol. Excessive use of alcohol irritates and erodes the lining in your stomach and intestines, which causes inflammation and bleeding. Resulting in pain, swelling, acid production and ulcers.
- Avoid nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). These products can irritate your stomach lining. If you use pain relievers regularly, use acetaminiphen ( Tylenol, others).
- Control acid reflux. If you have an esophageal ulcer-usually associated with acid reflux – you can take steps to manage acid reflux. These include avoiding spicy foods, fatty foods, avoid ;aying down after meals, reducing your body weight and raising the head of your bed.
- Pay attention to your diet. While an ulceris healing it id advisable to watch what you eat and control stress. Acidic and spicy foods may increase acid production. If your stress is severe it will prolong your healing.
- Drink 1 quart of raw cabbage juice a day. Cabbage juice is know to heal ulcers and drinking this amount has been said to heal ulcers in 5 days.
- Billberry is used in Russia for the healing qualities for reducing inflammation and helps protect the mucous membranes in the stomach and intestines.
Easy Related Posts
Get rid of Cold Sores Naturally
Cold Sores painful, annoying and downright lame when they pop up. A virus herpes simplex, ...read more
Natural Treatments for Nosebleeds in Children
Children get nosebleeds from time to time. Dry air, allergies or colds can be common ...read more
Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Asthma Naturally
Inflammation and oversensitivity of airways causes wheezing, coughing and a tight chest. possible triggers include ...read more
8 Aromatherapy Guidelines and Dilutions for Children
If you are using aromatherapy on children, there are some guidelines and safety precautions when ...read more