5 Step Natural Recipe for Motion and Morning Sickness
Ginger is a safe and effective treatment for both morning and motion sickness. These slices of crystallized ginger are easy to keep in a small jar in your handbag or desk and are great to chew on when you're feeling queasy.
Makes about 250 g
1. Peel the fresh gingerroot and thinly slice.
2. Put the ginger in a heavy saucepan and cover with water, adding more to allow for evaporation. Bring to a boil and partly cover with a lid. Boil gently for 1 hour, or until the ginger is almost cooked but slightly al dente; the time will vary slightly depending on the freshness of the ginger.
3. Drain, remove the ginger from the pan and weigh it. Return it to the saucepan with an equal amount sugar. Add 2 tbsp of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon for 20 minutes, or until the ginger becomes transparent.
4. Reduce the heat and keep stirring until the ginger starts to crystallize and easily comes together or clumps in the middle of the pan.
5. Meanwhile, take a large, deep baking pan and sprinkle sugar in it. Tip the ginger into the baking pan and roll it around in the sugar. Separate any clumps of ginger pieces. Place in a sterilized jar.
Use: Chew on a piece of crystallized ginger whenever you feel nauseous.
Storage: Keep in a cool place for 3 to 6 months.
For an easy antinausea, peel and roughly slice a 3/4-inch (2-cm) piece of gingerroot into a cup, and fill with boiling water. Add 1 tsp pf honey to sweeten, if preferred, and a slice of lemon. leave to infuse for a few minutes, then drink.
Easy Related Posts
Get rid of Cold Sores Naturally
Cold Sores painful, annoying and downright lame when they pop up. A virus herpes simplex, ...read more
Natural Treatments for Nosebleeds in Children
Children get nosebleeds from time to time. Dry air, allergies or colds can be common ...read more
Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Asthma Naturally
Inflammation and oversensitivity of airways causes wheezing, coughing and a tight chest. possible triggers include ...read more
Hangover Facts – Natural Remedies for Hangovers
Hangovers - we have all had them and they affect people in so many different ...read more