10 Natural Relaxation Tips for Pets
Our pets have stresses too and these top 10 tips are great for helping your pet to relax more.
- Play comforting music such as an instrumental soundscape or classical music.
- Massage or stroke your pet.
- Go for a long, quiet, unhurried walk with your pet if applicable. There are many types of leashes and harnesses available for many different types of pets.
- Practice stretching techniques with your dog.
- Hug or rock your pet. This can be very relaxing for dogs and sometimes cats.
- Tell your pet what good pets they are in gentle tones.
- Cover your pets crate when they are asleep. The dark and comfortable bed will help them to be less stressed.
- Sing to your pets.
- Give your pets tasty treats to chew on. This will help to reduce stress, specially dogs.
- Play with your pet, throwing a ball, playing with string toys for cats and just touching your pet will help them feel loved and the attention is calming.