Review Undenatured Whey Protein | Isagenix
Let’s first go over some basics:Pushing the liquid portion of milk through a filter creates whey protein. The material left behind is dried and forms whey protein concentrate. The concentrate form includes a variety of protein subfractions many of which have significant biologic activity and health benefits. Evidence shows that these peptides must remain in their native, undenatured form (the 3-d form that exists in nature) in order to exert these properties.
As whey concentrate is further processed into whey protein isolate/hydrolysate these 3-d structures can degraded and lose their biologic activity. Since denaturing can affect the biologic activity of certain peptides, whey concentrate has a health advantage over isolate and hydrolysate. The denaturation of proteins involves breaking down their structure (destroying the amino profile), losing peptide bonds and reducing the effectiveness of the protein. Your body then ends up pulling from your amino acid stores to make up for the deficiency to help with this dilemma. This in-turn creates a deficiency within, thus requiring your body to consume more protein WITH the cofactors and subfractions mentioned below to solve this problem. A vicious cycle continues.
Sadly when you process both isolate and hyrolysate you cannot help but degrade the protein.So let us break this down:
1) Protein isolates/hydrolysate are proteins stripped away from their nutritional cofactors and protein subfractions (some examples would include beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, bovine serum albumin, and immunoglobulin). The cofactors in an undenatured concentrate are what give the body the ability to fully assimilate the protein. With an isolate/hydrolysate the cofactors do not exist and the body’s ability to absorb and utilize the protein is severely diminished.
2) Isolates/hydrolysates are exposed to acid chemical processing (for example hexane a byproduct of gasoline refining and other toxic chemicals), which in the making of the isolates/hydrolysates MSG is produced creating not only and acidic environment but also a neurotoxic environment. Fair warning to anyone taking isolate or hydrolysate as the MSG is a natural byproduct of the processing and is not required to be itemized on the label.
3) Due to over-processing, isolates and hydrolysates are deficient in key amino acids destroying the point of taking protein in the first place…getting that full amino acid profile that we all crave to give us the best result.
4) Most of the isolates and hydrolysates are processed at high temperatures increasing nitrates and other carcinogens (denaturation).
5) When consuming isolate/hydrolysate your body is forced to handle further problems one of which is a negative calcium balance that can lead to osteoporosis, this of course is due to the way in which the isolate/hydrolysate is processed in your gut.
I could go on and on but the point is there is an abundance of information out there showing why whey protein concentrate is and will always be far superior AND better for you compared to the highly processed denatured isolates and hydrolysates. Isagenix formulators knew exactly what they were doing in choosing the best FORM of protein to provide us as well as the best SOURCE (New Zealand grass-fed).
Easy Related Posts
Yoga for Back Pain
There are a number of natural remedies available to treat lower back pain. The therapeutic ...read more
5 Natural Ways to Remove Age Spots
These natural remedies for removing age spots work really well for most people. The best ...read more
Get rid of Cold Sores Naturally
Cold Sores painful, annoying and downright lame when they pop up. A virus herpes simplex, ...read more
Natural Treatments for Nosebleeds in Children
Children get nosebleeds from time to time. Dry air, allergies or colds can be common ...read more