Penne a la Broccoli
Penne a la Broccoli
This is one of the fastest and easiest main dishes to make. It's full of flavor and quick – it also has the cancer-fighting protection of broccoli.
16 oz penne or other hearty pasta, uncooked
Large bunch of broccoli
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Several cloves of garlic, chopped or mashed
1/2 cup water
Salt to taste
Red pepper flakes (optional)
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cook the pasta in rapidly boiling water until al dente.
2. Trim the ends of the broccoli stems and cut off the flowers. Peel the outer fibrous layer off the main stalks and cut the stalks into bite-sized pieces.
3. Separate the flower of the broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
4. Place the broccoli in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Put it in a saucepan with the olive oil, garlic, water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover tightly, and let steam until the broccoli is bright green and very crunchy-tender – no more than 5 minutes. Remove the lid and boil off most of the remaining liquid.
5. Toss the broccoli with cooked pasta. Top with red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrients Per Serving
Protein: 17.4 grams
Fat: 5.8 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.8 grams
Monounsat Fat: 2.8 grams
Polyunsat Fat: 1.3 grams
Carbohydrate: 95.4 grams
Fiber: 7.4 grams
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Vitamin A: 956.0 IU
Vitamin E: 0.9 mg/IU
Vitamin C: 59.7 mg
Calcium: 63.3 mg
Magnesium: 74.3 mg
Easy Related Posts
Vanilla Honey Dry Lips Recovery Balm
This rich and soothing balm can be used year-round as it doubles as a mild ...read more
Apple Cider Vinegar for Healing Bruises on Dry Lips
Bruises are associated with the leaking of blood from tiny blood vessels. Applying a solution ...read more
New Year Detox Juicing Recipe
Clean Sweep This juice is so packed with goodness, you can almost feel it cleansing and ...read more
Party Pumpkin Pie Cocoa
This recipe is a great one for parties or just a fun Friday night at ...read more