5 Green Cleaning Kitchen Tips
Looking for a way to clean your kitchen with less toxic chemicals and more natural green friendly tips? Well we do and we search all over for new tips, old remedies and recipes on how to clean with less chemicals and more natural ingredients. These kitchen tips are great especially where food preparation is concerned.
- Microwave – To clean your microwave, mix 3 tablespoons of lemon juice into 1 3/4 cups (400 ml) of water in a microwave-safe pitcher or bowl. Microwave on High for 5 to 10 minutes, allowing the steam to condense on the inside of the microwave. Then simply wipe away the residue food with a cloth.
- Porcelain – if you have a stain on a porcelain sink, pour lemon juice over the stain and then sprinkle with alum powder (available in the spice aisle of your grocery store) and work into the stain thoroughly. If the stain doesn't come out immediately, leave the solution on overnight, then add lemon juice, scrub, and rinse.
- Tupperware – If your Tupperware or other plastic containers have become contaminated or stained, squeeze some lemon juice into the container and then add then add some baking soda. Use lemon as a cleaning tool and work it in. If the stains are particularly bad, you can let it sit overnight before you scrub the stains.
- Waste Disposal – If your waste disposal is starting to whiff, here is an easy way to deodorize it. Save leftover lemon and orange peel and just toss them down the drain. To keep it smelling pleasant repeat this process once a month.
- Countertops – We all know that countertops stain easily, but these can be removed by allowing lemon juice to sit on the stain for a few minutes. Then scrub the area with baking soda and watch the stains disappear. Remember, don't leave the lemon juice on the mark too long, because it has a very powerful bleaching action.
Easy Related Posts
Natural Dry Skin Remedies for Winter Itchy Skin
During the winter months, the skin looses moisture easily. Here are our top 5 tips ...read more
Crazy for Coconut Dry Lip Balm
Coconut oil smells luscious, tastes delicious (it's safe to taste and cook with), and is ...read more
Shea Butter Blast Lip Butter
Restore moisture and softness to chapped and depleted lips with this thick, rich, emollient homemade ...read more
Common Home Remedies for Acne Scars
Eating a balanced diet and avoiding excessive starches, sugars and fatty foods are a great ...read more