Natural Flu Remedies
More properly known as influenza, flu is a viral disease of the upper respiratory tract, spread by the contaminated droplets of other sufferers. Traditional Home and Folk Remedies cures are:
- some warmed apple juice (preferably fresh) can ease the fever.
- Barley water is a traditional remedy for high fever – particularly one caused by infection and inflammation
- Ginseng powder can be added to herbal teas to restore
- Drink hot lemon and honey in a cup of warm water to ease inflammation and fever
- Gargle with lemon juice to kill germs and help to stop the spread of the virus
Fresh squeezed apple juice is a good home remedy for the flu, providing vitamin C to help to combat infection. Using a juice extractor enables this to be made quickly and easily.