Genetically Modified Beverages
Are you not sure what genetically modified foods are or what kind of foods they are in?
Let us help! Here we have a huge list of tips to help you find GMO's in beverages:
- Look for 100- percent juice blends (except those containing papaya juice).
- Buy beverages sweetened with sugar rather than corn syrup or aspartame.
- Keep an eye out for corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup in children's drink mixes, juices boxes, and drink pouches.
- Unsweetened drinks and products sweetened with fruit, cane juice, cane sugar, honey, or other non-corn ingredients are safe.
- Tart juices like cranberry or grapefruit most likely contain a sweetener , while juices made from naturally sweet fruits such as apples or oranges are easier to find unsweetened.
- Beverages labeled "naturally" are not guaranteed to be GE-free."
Quick Hints- organic Choose certified organic juices and sodas; avoid those containing corn syrup, aspartame, and other corn- or soy-derived ingredients.