7 1/2 cups cooked beans, like pintos, anasazi, adzuki or kidney (roughly four 15-ounce cans or 1 pound dried beans, cooked)
1. Drain beans in a colander.
2. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or saucepan. Add the onions and sauté over medium heat until they are soft and golden.
3. Crush the chipotle pepper if using dried, or mince if using canned.
4. Add the chipotle pepper, red chile powder, oregano, cumin and allspice to the onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and beans. Simmer for 45 minutes, adding liquid if the mixture gets too dry.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste, and more chile if you want a hotter dish.
7. Serve in bowls with warm tortillas. Garnish with chopped raw onion, chopped tomato and shredded lettuce.
Easy Related Posts
Vanilla Honey Dry Lips Recovery Balm
This rich and soothing balm can be used year-round as it doubles as a mild ...read more
Apple Cider Vinegar for Healing Bruises on Dry Lips
Bruises are associated with the leaking of blood from tiny blood vessels. Applying a solution ...read more
New Year Detox Juicing Recipe
Clean Sweep This juice is so packed with goodness, you can almost feel it cleansing and ...read more
Party Pumpkin Pie Cocoa
This recipe is a great one for parties or just a fun Friday night at ...read more