This wonderful, easy main dish makes a delicious meal when served with a green salad, rice or rice noodles and steamed vegetables. Reserve some of the marinade before adding the fish to use as a sauce for the rice or rice noodles. Salmon contains substantial amounts of omega-3s, essential fatty acids which reduce inflammation and help protect against heart disease. Try to eat fish two to three times a week, especially fish that contain generous amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. Other choices include sardines, herring and mackerel.
1 cup sake (Japanese rice wine)
1. Prepare the marinade by mixing the sake, soy sauce (a reduced-sodium variety if you prefer), ginger, garlic and brown sugar together in a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade.
2. Rinse the salmon filets under cold water, place in a glass or ceramic dish and pour the marinade over it. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours, spooning the liquid over any exposed parts of the fish once or twice.
3. Prepare the grill or preheat the broiler to high heat.
4. Remove the fish from the marinade and place on foil on the grill or a broiler pan. Broil or grill until done, being careful not to overcook.
5. Pour reserved marinade over fish and serve at once.
Nutrients Per Serving
Easy Related Posts
Vanilla Honey Dry Lips Recovery Balm
This rich and soothing balm can be used year-round as it doubles as a mild ...read more
Apple Cider Vinegar for Healing Bruises on Dry Lips
Bruises are associated with the leaking of blood from tiny blood vessels. Applying a solution ...read more
New Year Detox Juicing Recipe
Clean Sweep This juice is so packed with goodness, you can almost feel it cleansing and ...read more
Party Pumpkin Pie Cocoa
This recipe is a great one for parties or just a fun Friday night at ...read more