Potatoes With Kale
Potatoes With Kale
Kale is a leafy green vegetable that is too often used only as a garnish in restaurants. It is actually quite tasty and nutritious. Kale develops a lively flavor if stir-fried or sautéed just until the leaves turn bright green. Choose kale that is dark green, avoiding leaves that are wilted or yellow. Kale is a very good source of calcium and is a member of the cancer-protective family of cruciferous vegetables. Perhaps everybody’s favorite vegetable, potatoes provide some vitamin C and potassium. They round this dish out with their starchy presence. This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner – you can prepare the potatoes in advance and add the kale just before mealtime.
Food as Medicine
Kale is among the most nutrient-dense foods in common use, and is an especially rich source of vitamins K, A and C.
1 pound medium red potatoes
1. Cover the potatoes with water and boil them until tender. Peel while hot, then cool in cold water and drain. Cut into thick slices. Refrigerate if you are cooking the potatoes in advance.
2. Just before serving, wash the kale, drain, and remove the stems and midribs. Stack leaves, roll up lengthwise, and shred crosswise.
3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add the onion. Saut? over medium-high heat, stirring, until onion just begins to brown.
4. Add kale, tossing it about until it all wilts. Reduce heat to medium and stir-fry kale for 5 minutes.
5. Add the potatoes and cook until they are heated through. Season to taste and serve.
Nutrients Per Serving
Easy Related Posts
Vanilla Honey Dry Lips Recovery Balm
This rich and soothing balm can be used year-round as it doubles as a mild ...read more
Apple Cider Vinegar for Healing Bruises on Dry Lips
Bruises are associated with the leaking of blood from tiny blood vessels. Applying a solution ...read more
New Year Detox Juicing Recipe
Clean Sweep This juice is so packed with goodness, you can almost feel it cleansing and ...read more
Party Pumpkin Pie Cocoa
This recipe is a great one for parties or just a fun Friday night at ...read more