Apple Oat-Bran Muffins
Apple Oat-Bran Muffins
Commercially baked muffins have become as large as small birthday cakes and loaded with calories and fat. These muffins, on the other hand, are delicious and loaded with fiber and heart-friendly oat bran. They may truly be the breakfast of champions. You may use Granny Smith or Gravenstein apples, but feel free to try your favorite green apple. You can freeze what you don’t consume right away for a later date.
Food as Medicine
Oat bran binds cholesterol in the gut and blocks its absorption. These muffins can help you move toward a healthy daily goal of 40 grams of fiber, which is about twice what most Americans consume.
Expeller-pressed canola oil for oiling the muffin pan
2 large green cooking apples
2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1 cup unbleached white flour
1 1/4 cups oat bran
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 12-ounce can apple juice concentrate, thawed
1 cup water
1. Heat oven to 325° F. Lightly oil muffin pan. Peel and core apples; chop them coarsely. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together pastry flour, white flour, oat bran, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Add thawed apple-juice concentrate, chopped apples, and enough water to make a light batter.
4. Mix just enough to moisten all ingredients. Divide batter among the muffin cups and bake till lightly browned, 25-30 minutes.
5. Remove muffins from cups while hot.
Nutrients Per Serving
Protein: 5.6 grams
Fat: 1.4 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.3 grams
Monounsat Fat: 0.3 grams
Polyunsat Fat: 0.5 grams
Carbohydrate: 48.7 grams
Fiber: 5.3 grams
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Vitamin A: 19.5 IU
Vitamin E: 0.7 mg/IU
Vitamin C: 3.1 mg
Calcium: 25.1 mg
Magnesium: 58.3 mg
Easy Related Posts
Vanilla Honey Dry Lips Recovery Balm
This rich and soothing balm can be used year-round as it doubles as a mild ...read more
Apple Cider Vinegar for Healing Bruises on Dry Lips
Bruises are associated with the leaking of blood from tiny blood vessels. Applying a solution ...read more
New Year Detox Juicing Recipe
Clean Sweep This juice is so packed with goodness, you can almost feel it cleansing and ...read more
Party Pumpkin Pie Cocoa
This recipe is a great one for parties or just a fun Friday night at ...read more