Baby and Infant Diaper Rash Remedies
Here are 6 simple steps to remove a diaper rash quickly and naturally.
- Wash babies skin clean from urine and feces. (we used a squirt bottle and baby soap with cotton squares-not wipes)
- Place baby in a bath. (cool to warm- not hot)
- Use a gentle baby wash to clean babies skin.
- Make a paste from colloidal oatmeal and apply to babies diaper rash.
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes. Remove and pat dry. Be sure to not rub skin and use cool water.
- Apply your favorite diaper cream.
Repeat process a few times a day until diaper rash is gone.
We have had great success with this process. Even though it is time consuming, it is worth the time to have your babies diaper rash eliminated in such a short period of time. We have been able to get rid of a moderate rash within 12 hours using this method. Things to keep in mind:
- Only use cool water
- Do not rub area alot, be very gentle.
- Do not use powders that can cause drying of the skin. Obviously too much moisture is an issue with diaper rashes but healing the skin first will allow the skin to repair itself.
- If diaper rash is severe, see a doctor.
- Never leave baby unattended in a bath (duh!)
- Use organic or all natural colloidal oatmeal.
Creating the oatmeal paste is easy! Just get a finely ground colloidal oatmeal. Then add water. In either a bowl or your hand. Apply to skin with hand. Remove with either hand or cotton.
Between diaper changes that didn't necessarily need the bath, we used a squirt bottle with warm water and baby soap to wash. Cotton to remove and clean area (not wipes) and added diaper cream.
We have used this remedy for diapers rashes on chicken pox, bug bites and body rashes too… works great every time! Especially on sensitive skin!
We used Avveno Colloidal Oatmeal. Any drug store carries it.
Let us know if this works for you and you can stop that diaper rash!
Easy Related Posts
4 Natural Cures for Stuffy Nose
Its that time of year again, sniff, sniff. A stuffy nose develops when delicate tissue ...read more
Yoga for Back Pain
There are a number of natural remedies available to treat lower back pain. The therapeutic ...read more
5 Natural Ways to Remove Age Spots
These natural remedies for removing age spots work really well for most people. The best ...read more
Natural Dry Skin Remedies for Winter Itchy Skin
During the winter months, the skin looses moisture easily. Here are our top 5 tips ...read more